Most of the time neck pain is caused by misaligned hips, spine, and shoulders, along with a head that is stuck in the forward position due to lack of movement. As a result, the muscles of the neck and upper back tense up, which can lead to neck pain and stiffness.
Our neck pain and stiff neck home treatment consists of 5 simple pain relief exercises.
You can do these 5 exercises easily at home. They don’t require any fancy equipment.
Lie on the floor with your feet together and your knees apart.
Have your palms up on the floor at 45 degrees to your body.
Just hang out here and relax for 2 minutes. Your low back will naturally arch off the floor, and you should allow that to happen.
– Start seated on the floor with your mid back resting on a foam roller or a rolled-up bath towel.
– Support the head in the hands, elbows wide, and keep the feet on the floor. Inhale to prepare.
– Exhale and slowly extend your spine back over the roller, only moving as far as you need to until you feel a gentle stretch in the upper back, chest and abdominals. Inhale to hold.
– Exhale and return to the starting position, using your abdominals.
Side-to-Side Head Rotation
– Rotate your chin toward the right shoulder, and hold for 20 seconds.
– You can use your hand to go a little deeper into the stretch.
– Release and bring your head back to center. Then rotate it to the left, and repeat.
– Do 3 to 5 times on each side.
While sitting or standing with your arms by your sides, squeeze your shoulder blades together and hold for 5 seconds. Do 2 sets of 15.
Shoulder Blade Pull
Bend raised arms at 90 degree angles. Relax your shoulders and squeeze the muscles between the shoulder blades.