I’m sorry to inform you but no magic pill or crazy diet will banish that belly fat. To get rid of lower-abdominal pooch you just have to change your lifestyle, and this means to start a healthy diet and exercise…a lot!
And if you don’t continue exercising and eating healthy, guess what? You will gain weight again, especially if you weren’t a skinny person before.
This fatty situation can become very frustrating, because, most of the times, you are fat just in that side of the body…the tummy! And you have to work hard to get rid of it because it doesn’t disappear like magic!
Well, the following exercises aren’t so hard, but if you will be able to do them daily, then you will be the winner of a flat tummy! So, start working for that!
1. Oblique Burners
Image Credits: Oblique Burners
1) Stand with feet a little wider than hip distance apart, knees bent, and hands held behind the back of your head.
2) Bend to the right, reaching right hand toward floor behind your leg. Keep spine long.
3) Return to center and repeat on the left side.
2. Froggy Crunches
Image Credits: Froggy Crunches
1) Start lying on mat with fingers at the base of your head and elbows pointed out. Bring the soles of your feet together, knees pointed outward.
2) Tilt your chin slightly forward and squeeze abdominals to lift chest upward. Keep arms and neck relaxed. Slowly lower down and repeat.
3. Side Plank Lift and Lower
Image Credits: Side Plank Lift and Lower
1) Start by laying on your right side with forearm below shoulder, body lifted and legs long and feet stacked. Keep body straight, abs tight and place left hand on hip.
2) Dip your hips down towards the mat and lift back up, using your obliques and core muscles.
4. Sweeping Scissors
Image Credits: Sweeping Scissors
1) Start lying on the mat with arms over your head and legs long.
2) Sweep arms out to sides and bring head, neck, and shoulders off the mat reaching arms long and lift one leg up and in towards the chest. Reaching arms forward on the sides of the leg. Roll back to mat lowering the leg, and repeat on the other side.
5. Ab Reverse Curl
Image Credits: Ab Reverse Curl
1) Lie on mat and extend your legs straight up towards the ceiling.
2) As you exhale, tighten your low belly to push your feet straight into the air. Hips will lift slightly off the mat.
3) Return you hips and lower back to the mat with control. Use your abdominals vs. momentum to create the movement and avoid rolling onto the neck.
6. In In Out Out Plank
Image Credits: In In Out Out Plank
1) Begin in a forearm plank position with your body in a straight line and abdominals contracted.
2) Step your left foot out to the left; step your right foot out to the center.
3) Step your left foot back to center; step your right foot back to center.
7. Bird Dog Crunch
Image Credits: Bird Dog Crunch
1) Kneel on the mat on all fours. Reach one arm long, draw in the abs, and extend the opposite leg long behind you.
2) Bring the elbow and knee in towards your center as you round your back remember to draw in your abs. repeat on other side.
Image Credits: Skinnyms